The Quick Shield is an add-on (shield) for the Ruggeduino, Arduino Uno, Duemilanove, and Mega boards (and other compatible boards). The shield extends the connection pins out to 28 quick-connect terminals that accept 20AWG to 24AWG wire. Unlike screw terminals, these quick-connect terminals require no tools -- just push, insert wire, and release. Stacking headers allow another shield to plug in on top and have access to all 28 pins. Use the Quick Shield for easy breadboarding, using shields standalone without an Arduino, or cross-wiring shield pins.
The Quick Shield includes:
- PCB for pins D0-D13, GND, and AREF
- PCB for pins A0-A5, VIN, two GND pins, +5V, +3.3V, and RESET.
- Two sets of 8-pin stacking headers
- Two sets of 6-pin stacking headers
- Two sets of 8-pin quick-connect terminals for 20AWG-24AWG wire
- Two sets of 6-pin quick-connect terminals for 20AWG-24AWG wire
In kit form, all of the parts must be assembled together. This requires soldering 8 through-hole connectors for a total of 56 pins.
Also consider our Aussie Shield, a similar product.